Salary: GBP £24,184 – £24,779 per year(ELSS Support Staff Pay Scale 14)
Contract type: Full time
Contract term: Permanent
Start Date: 4th January 2021
To stand on the shoulders of giants
East London Science School is an intellectually ambitious and oversubscribed school which is seeking an exceptional receptionist/admin assistant to be the first point-of-contact and help us with the smooth running of the school.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly committed and efficient individual and would suit a proactive and highly motivated person who will enjoy the challenge of working in a busy school environment.
The role involves greeting visitors to the school, answering the telephone, first aid and general administration duties.
Key duties include:
- Ensuring a welcoming and efficient reception for visitors, parents and students
- Acting as the first point of contact for all incoming calls to ensure that they are answered in a timely and professional manner
- Providing administration services for both staff and students
- Being the primary source of First Aid to students and staff and to record any treatment given
- To sign in late students, recording the information on the MIS
- Check and maintain stationery stocks
- Produce documents as and when required
- To receive goods into the school, to take a copy of all delivery notes
- Collect and record cash collections from parents
- To be responsible for the post and the daily franking of mail
Joining our school means joining a team of passionate individuals who are committed to supporting the changing face of education and also to contribute to the building of our school as we continue to grow over the years.
The Principal can be contacted via email at email@example.com
Alternatively you can find us on Twitter at @ELSS_freeschool
We welcome visits to the school and these can be arranged via email or by calling the school on 0208 981 2680.
To download an application form and full job description, please follow the links above, right.
For further information email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26th November 2020
The East London Science School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.